Saturday, December 27, 2008

Time for Food, Fun and Family

Well, it's crazy to think that Christmas has come and gone for 2008. I got what I wished for: a white Christmas...and oddly enough, so did my brother and sis-in-law in Tumwater, WA (which almost never happens), so they really enjoyed that.

Last weekend my parents and I made the trek down to Wayne America (as people like to call it...although its a lil dinky town in NE) to attend my sister-in-law's graduation for her Masters in Education - Way to go Erin!!! Talk about snow - Nebraska got hammered with snow, the poor college grounds crew had to work like crazy to clear the parking lots and sidewalks for this ceremony to happen, huge snow piles were banked up on each side and in the middle of all the roads. But the show went on and and Erin walked across the stage.

From there, we headed to Fremont to hangout with her family and do our Christmas thing. Ben had to work the day before and after Christmas back at the running store in Washington so they only had a quick "long" weekend to spend with both families. It was a good time with lots of homemade goodies and loud laughter. Surprisingly Ben and I get along a lot better now that he lives so far away, distance really does make the heart grow fonder =) Naw, I always loved him, but that sibling rivalry can get to be a lot when you're living so close...
Below is their finished present:












The best thing of the whole weekend was probably bowling. Erin and I started out strong and strutting our Team Crabtree shirts...but quickly faded when our mom's drastically out shown us - making us take off our Crabtree shirts, no Crabtree would want to claim us with our poor performance. Good time all in all.

This weekend was low key, with lots of fun family time. I got mom to play a little Wii but dad said he was completely content just watching...party pooper....we did some after Christmas shopping and got some great deals.

With all said and done - Merry Christmas to All, I hope everyone's was a blessed holiday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your perspective. So glad it worked out and the snow didn't keep us from getting together. It was great!
- Mom

Anonymous said...

i love catching up on your life this way...seriously!

though i have a lot to catch up on miss crabtree. I miss you!
-Mandy