A lot happens in an hour, a day, a week, a month, a year, a lifetime. It's weird to think that each of us remembers how things happen in our own separate way. This really came to my attention while we each were reading my Auntie Mary's beginnings of her novel.
Memories are exactly that, how you remember it, and she made sure to tell that to her sisters prior to reading her writings. With Grandma Gick gone, her children often get into many arguments and battles, ending up in phone calls to other family members asking for the "answer" which still doesn't seem to solve the debate.
With these discussions being brought up frequently this weekend with yet again, another wonderful "family" gathering, it made me think. I have all my moments remembered in my mind and with some on paper. However, very few of those events happened to me while I was alone. It's weird to think that how I remember things, may not be how they really happened - or at least how others think they happened. Even if you keep emotion and personal opinion out of stories to keep it as matter-of-factly as possible, individual interpretation always seems to be different.
I wish Mary luck to her new position as an author =) and expect a signed copy once completed. I also encourage her siblings to write the same stories, but with their interpretation of "what really happened" and it can be a series!
Write on, make your life the most enjoyable story to read, cry to, laugh to, and pass on to others!
No comments:
Post a Comment