Dennis,
I can't believe it's been a year that you've been gone. Even though we hadn't kept in touch as much as I would have liked to, I always will think of you as a very close and wonderful friend. You could captivate an audience of any age with your charisma and stories. I have met few as geniune as you. Before going to our different parts of the country, you gave me a gift. You provided me with "dinosaur dung." I carry it with me every day. It's a small way to hold on to the memories I can never get back.
God placed you in my life. He used you. I can never thank you enough. Your presence and support helped me process and cope with some of the hardest news I've had to process. No one wants to lose a friend, and when I found out that I'd also lost you, I asked myself how I can deal with the loss of you when you're the one that helped me deal in the past. While I had heard the beautiful flute play before, I cannot hear it now without remembering you, and the tribute you played to AJ. I smell sage and my eyes swell with tears. Not always out of sadness, just out of the mix of emotions that you provided me with years ago, when you comforted Lacey and I into the morning hours. We were away from family and the friends we had known. You stepped up and became more of a friend than I ever could have imagined.
Even though we didn't visit frequently, I always treasured our conversations. You would leave me feeling spiritually and emotionally filled. I can only hope I can have a similar impact on the people I interact with.
In the pictures, writings and communication I have with Terah, I can see you in the hearts, minds and souls of Teah, Nolan and Nakai. I can imagine you looking down and smiling, proud of your children and the legacy you left behind.
I miss you, Dennis. I want to thank you for the impact that you had on my life. You left your footprints on my heart, and they will stay there forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment