So, it was my first day at my apartment. I didn't even have my stuff delivered yet, but I had gone to the store to get some things. I parked on the street (although I do have a garage and parking spot, but it was easier to unload my car and carry all my goods in). I was in my apartment for no more than two hours, and when I went to get in my car I had this letter on my windshield.
And to clarify, I was parked on the other side of the street (yes, in front of Mike's house)...but also in front of my apartment - where curb side/street parking is allowed. When I returned home, I observed (who I assume to be Mike's wife based on now living in the neighborhood for a week) a lady park and go into Mike's house with three kids - right in the spot where I was parked. So it wasn't about anything other than him and his family being lazy and rude.
I can't wait until I have Montana license plates so I can tell Mike that I pay taxes which pay for this city street - and that he's breaking the law by parking two of his five vehicles in front of the sidewalk entry/ramp to the street. I may not actually say that, but I will not have a problem speaking with Mike when I do see him.
Welcome to the neighborhood, Elizabeth...
On a positive note, EVERYONE ELSE I've met or interacted with here has been very nice and friendly. This poorly written, rude, and disrespectful windshield note is more humorous to me than anything else. I thought everyone else would get a good kick out of my "welcome to your new home" letter too : )
1 comment:
You are kinder than me, I'd be so ticked off. We had a neighbor turn us in to the Homeowners Association for not mowing our lawn for a 2 week period (that rained) and I'm still holding a grudge.
Post a Comment