So what is it you ask???? The picture might say it all....
Thanks to Rob and Sarah and them introducing me to this, I have been addicted since the first weekend in January...and looking almost daily for this incredible buy. However, apparently so was everyone else. I'd use my breaks (and sometimes non-breaks) to call stores all over Sioux Falls to find out if they had it in stock. Most were pretty cryptic saying, no and not saying when they expect more in and/or when they even get truck loads in. However, there were two helpful stores: Shopko and Target. I always knew I loved Target for a reason...I was told "Thursday at the earliest" by the young woman at Shopko and Target say "We get trucks in every day and don't know what's on them until they are here, call every day after 11." AND I DID.
This Thursday I, skeptical yet hopeful, picked up my phone and called Shopko...nope, still nothing. Then Target. The man on the phone said, so casually, "Yup, we got two." WHAT, how can he be so casual about this, I've been addicted and not playing for almost a month...I need that. "Can you hold it?" Skeptically asked, "For how long...?" "Less than a half hour, I'm leaving work now...from Sioux Falls, be right there," as I threw on my coat and grabbed my purse.
I was successful, pure success, they held it, and I got it. Oh the pains of going back to work with Rock Band sitting in my trunk, in the cold, all alone....wanting to be played so badly. But I did, not without telling everyone I work with how amazing that phone call was. Thursday night I get home, start taking it out of the box, no doubt those lil packagers that put that thing in the box were way smarter than me, wow...that was a workout in itself. I got it out, just in time for me to have to LEAVE! Ugh, so tempting to call and say, no, I won't make it tonight, however, my banjo practicing has really slipped the last couple weeks and I needed to go...
But the last two days? Rock on! It has been played and played and played. My mom was jamming out to We Got the Beat and I've already had friends over to start a band. With this, It's very dangerous that I may get NOTHING done for the rest of my life. To prevent that, I had to make a schedule:
Work
Workout
Banjo practice
Eat
Wii or whatever I choose, most likely will be wii =)
Somewhere in there I may find time to blog, if you don't hear from me, I'm most likely alive. Call if you like, just to make sure...
2 comments:
Congratulations! What a great week for wii and for you and me. It just takes that one sales person to tell you how to git 'er done.
We have Guitar Hero so I'm curious to see how they compare.
I had to read your post out loud to Rob as we both laughed hysterically. :)) :)) He says now that he kicked your butt at SPOONS, he would be more than happy to kick your butt at Rock Band. I'll try not to let him. :) He has 15 months of endless Iraq Rock Band on us. Don't feel too bad if he's right.
Post a Comment