It's weird how your mind can be so far ahead of the game that you really don't know. Your mind is one thing, but what about your body. How is it that your body seems to know you better than your mind?
It always seems to me that your body gives you exactly what you need - even if it has to force it upon you. Recently I have been running around always busy, stressing about plenty, and probably putting too much on my plate, having each night of my week filled up before the week starts.
Last night, I was hoping to meet up with some friends for St. Patricks Day, but sadly not before 10:30 as one of them had class. (For those of you that don't know, that's super late for me to be beginning my evening activities). As the evening approached I grew much more tired that I thought I was. I went to bed at 9:00, thinking I could get up when they called me. Instead, I woke up, not by a phone call, but by the rolling of my stomach with a run to the bathroom. Even though nothing was in my stomach after the first time, this continued on for the rest of the night.
And it sure did continue into the morning - which consequently urged me to call sick into work. Throughout the day, I have sipped on sprite, munched on saltines and finally cautiously nibbled on toast at about 2.
In between my busy day of trying to accommodate my stomach to eat yet avoide sprints to the bathroom, my mind was at peace by taking naps. Now, I don't usually take naps. I can't. I've tried many times in the past with no success. A few of my friends would be very proud of me for taking naps in fact. What I have found is that you can't force your body to do something that it doesn't need - however, it will force you to stop and give it what it needs, when you neglect it.
My hope is that I will continue to feel better and grow confidence in my stomach when I eat and be able to go to work tomorrow. The last few days I have been very tired and exhausted from waking up to going to bed. Maybe my day of rest and naps will fix that. If not, I do believe its a sign that I need to give my worries and stress over to God. I need to slow down and let things come to me without planning it all out.
No comments:
Post a Comment