Sunday, March 8, 2009

Purpose

Well, today I began thinking about writing. This whole blogging thing, some journaling and in particular my poems. I really enjoy it. Some of them people never see. Why do I do it? What's the point?

Writing is an extension of my mouth to some extent. I don't know why, but a lot of the time it's easier to write a poem that can best describe it all, when I can't find the words to say. Rarely is there one emotion involved in any given instance. It's a mess of everything. How can you truly say how you feel with a sentence or too? Oddly, put in a few rhyming words, it all seems to make sense.

When I write, it's a conversation. Between me, the pen, the paper and the world. It's for everyone to read, know and better understand. By writing, it helps me better understand myself and make sense of it all. Even if no one ever sees the poem, it feels like they know. The air has been cleared. No confusion to be made. At least that's the feeling I get.

True emotions are written. No hiding. No faking. Truth.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Yes! I totally agree.

Anonymous said...

Well said, my dear daughter. You have discovered a delicious talent and appreciation for the written word. I am very proud of you!
- Mom