I like to think
I’m on my own
Everything I do
I can do alone
Not in need of someone
To always be with me
I do my own thing
And enjoy being free
As I wish
I come and go
Into my independence
I continue to grow
But as days pass by
Some hours get long
I start to doubt
That I am that strong
It would be nice
To have someone there
Laughs and memories
Together we’d share
I find myself
A little less willing
To be vulnerable
And risk everything
It’d open the chance
For me to get hurt
So it’s often easier
To just divert
My thoughts and fears
To the back of my head
And through life
I’ll continue to tread
One day at a time
On my own
I know I won’t
Always be alone
Eventually there will be one
That will come my way
But until then
I’ll just live for today
I do not want
To need them here
But not having someone
Is what I fear
E. Crabtree
1 comment:
Excellent, excellent word choice, Beth -- so strong, yet so sad.
Post a Comment