It’s funny how in life
I can be so sure
But then something unexpected
Always seems to occur
I go about my day
As I think I should
But when all is over
Did I do all I could
Life can be short
Or it can be long
And we waste so much time
Trying to belong
That’s not what’s important
It’s not what we need
We need to slow down
And let go of the greed
Throw out the money
Throw out the toys
Let go of the stress
Quiet the noise
We think we can control
Everything around
But it’s with this thinking
That we’re disaster bound
Trying to make life
What we want it to be
Through all the clouds
The sun we can’t see
Each struggle we survive
And trial we go through
Makes us more unique
And independent too
Life’s not made to be easy
It’s not a walk in the park
But there’s a lot more sunshine
Just quit looking for the dark
There is always good
And there is always bad
But I’m learning to be thankful
For what I’ve already had
Don’t live in the past
For the future is near
Treasure the present
Because that’s what’s here
E. Crabtree
No comments:
Post a Comment