Matt and Matty were good, they started me out slow by just getting me to go to Sushi Masa with them. I'd stick with "real food" and get their delicious Chicken Teriyaki and they'd let me taste their rolls. They weren't allowed to tell me what it was until after I tried it, so I wouldn't be too scared. There have been times were I've regretted that rule...
Now, I have graduated to only getting sushi rolls. Not yet brave enough to get an actual slab of sushi...the whole raw fish texture thing still eeks me out. I'm able to eat Special Cucumber, California, Spicy Tuna and I just tried the Spicy Salmon last night, which I actually prefer over the tuna. Grossest things they've suckered me into trying....Salmon Skin Hand Roll (I could actually feel the scales...still gives me the willies when I think about it) and some sort of eel...it's long and slimy, sick.
It's a real cute and quaint restaurant downtown. I think the staff enjoy watching and listening to me and my reactions to stuff. They come and talk to us quite a bit while we are there. I'm glad they aren't insulted. Those rolls can be too big for me to eat...so my friends aren't allowed to look at me while I'm eating one. If they did they'd laugh, then I'd start to and I'd probably choke and die. Well, that's our interpretation, so they just know not to look at me when I'm shoving some grub in my mouth. Oh and if you ever ma
ke it there - have a salad with Kaisan (not sure about the spelling) dressing. It's amazing, I could drink that stuff...
1 comment:
I tried it - couldn't do it. Can't believe you can. Ugghh.
- Mom
Post a Comment