Sunday, July 31, 2011

New Life

With a kiss and a hug
I'm on my way
I've been anxiously waiting
For this day

It's too late for me
To change my mind
And sure of my decision
Is what I find

I quit my job
I'll move away
This is so ridiculous
Many people say

It's hard to understand
The move I've made
But my service and time
I haven't paid

So many people
Have laid down their life
So others can live
Without daily strife

I want to provide
What I can give
Which in turn
Could help people live

My friends and family
Behind me they stand
They always try to give
A helping hand

To leave behind
Everything I know
Makes this harder
But I have to go

With a little bit of fear
But filled more with excite
The choice was difficult
But I know my decision is right

I'm not sure where I'll go
Or exactly what I'll do
But I'm proud to serve my country
And be a Soldier too

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you. And so glad to see a new post on your blog! - Mom