Thursday, January 24, 2013

Do as the locals do...

The one food that has been consistently good here is the local bread that the medics bring back from someone they've befriended.  Word is, he owns a bakery, so on special days, he brings lots of bread to them - and wonderful for me - they then bring it back to the clinic for us all to indulge in.

The last time I was able to enjoy this tasty treat, one of my co-workers remembered that they had some oil and garlic...so I went Johnny Carino's style for my "main course."  However, the best way to enjoy this bread is to heat it up and drizzle it with honey.  It's already sweet, so this is a perfect dessert.  And it just seemed fitting to couple it with a cup of Chai Tea...after all...do as the locals do =)

Whenever I get this bread, it becomes my dinner and I am quickly stuffed from eating way too much.  Much to my parents/family/friends approval, I haven't had opportunities to mingle with the locals, but this is a delightful way to take part in the culture that I have been "living in" for the past few months. 
Thank you Mr. Baker for sharing your creations, and thank you medics for sharing with me!

No comments: