Friday, January 11, 2013

Finishing out the holiday season

The holiday season was survive with communication back home, food better than any other day (although I think Thanksgiving was still the best meal we've had here), Phase 10 and Farkle.  Not that this is where anyone would actually want to spend the holidays, I think its fair to say we made the best of it.




Medics opening some of the presents under
our tree at the clinic


Of course we need a chocolate fountain...with
grapes and musk melon???
I was lucky enough to call home and talk to my parents over the phone while we opened our presents from eachother.  That was followed with lots of e-mails from friends and family - which made me feel as at home as possible.

The New Year was "rung in" with sparkling juice and Farkle - I say "rung in" because we missed it by about 10 minutes, darn friends are good at distracting you as to why you actually make yourself stay up so late...but none the less, and looking back still, it's how I wanted to spend the evening.

Now that the holidays have passed - the countdown has begun.  Looking foward to beginning to pack up my things and begin my trek home.
Decorating the gator to go deliver stockings and gifts to
the rest of the FOB

Christmas Lunch with our gang
Hoping that all of you have a wonderful Christmas and happy New Year!

1 comment:

Shrinkydink said...

I'm glad you made the best of it and that you're looking forward to packing up your things. :) I wish you all strength, courage and a double dose of luck for the new year. Let me know when you make it to the left coast. I'll be around. In the meantime, stay frosty.