Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hard to Wait

With all of this beautiful weather I've been getting in Kansas, it's very hard to remember that it is only the beginning of April. My body is gearing up for TUUUUUUBING season on the Niorbrara and its hard to tell my mind anything different. However, reality hits a little bit because it's just not right to go tubing before the branding. Yes, this is how I regulate seasons. It's all about priorities and family, right? However, Niobrara, I will see you this summer!

While I very much look forward to each of these things as if nothing has ever changed, it's also hard to look back and not be sad about what has changed. Mostly, it leaves a hole in my heart to know that both Grandma Gick and Grandpa Oney are now looking at us from up above. I'm happy for them, but super selfish and want to hug them each one more time - fully knowing that still wouldn't be enough. Here's a pic that I snapped of my lil buddy Al and Grandpa as his last RiverFest was winding down - getting ready to get in the car and head back to town. I'm glad I could be a part of it.
There has been a lot of ups and downs over the past couple years, but no matter what; this is family and I always look upon LKV with happy memories and love. Looking forward to go back, play with some cousins, wrestle some calves, bake some bread (and pies) and just breathe in the fresh country air - it's like no other!

No comments: