Monday, April 9, 2012

Retirement...

As I sit out on my porch (for the third time today) I keep asking myself, is this what retirement is like? If so...sign me up! Today is a training holiday so, thankfully, I don't have to work. It's been glorious. I slept in, but not really - still was up by 0800. I made a cup of tea and sat out on the porch in my nice lawn chair and just enjoyed the morning in my comfy sweats. Because much of my neighborhood is military families, there wasn't much hubbub going on, but that was nice. I could hear the birds singing and the calm (yes, it's actually CALM today) breeze blowing.

Once my tea was finished I knew I had to do SOMETHING with myself today, and sadly...that meant running. Before I could lose motivation, I quickly got ready and headed out the door. I've been taking a different route, a route that takes me into the country and actually, while I wouldn't say running has been enjoyable - it's definitely more enjoyable than running on paved roads surrounded by houses and sidewalks. Not sure how far I ran yet this morning, once I actually go somewhere, I'll drive it out - but I'm thinking between 2.5 and 3...not bad. UGH the hills were horrible, but I do feel my legs and lungs getting stronger.

What better treat for a hard, long run than Cow Tales??? I can't think of anything better!

While I was on my porch stretching and drinking water, I realized how truly beautiful of a day it is to not really do anything but be outside - so I just laid down right there. Probably close to an hour later I realized that I was rather warm and probably getting sun burnt (oops...yup I did). Inside to shower up from working out and tanning then get some laundry started.

Notice my face and neck are a lil red and the tan lines are all over the place. Oh well. Bring on summer!!!

Now here I am again, back on my porch. I wanted to blog but just couldn't make myself sit inside any longer. This time, I've put on sunscreen though =)

No comments: