Sunday, April 8, 2012

Risen Today

Going to church to celebrate the rising of the Lord, Jesus Christ - dressed in my Sunday Best - Crabtree style =)Following church, I had a wonderful breakfast with my friend Kass. Then back to JC to find something to do where I can enjoy this glorious and beautiful day. What better than to prepare for a fishing trip...I haven't been fishing in years - which is way too long!

I ran to Wal-Mart (please forgive me Petters, but there are no Scheels stores here, just be happy I didn't go to Dicks, like I was encouraged to do) and got my fishing license, a pole, some hooks, line weights and a simple lure kit. As I was putting the pole in my care I realized that this particular pole didn't come with any line on it...good thinking Elizabeth...well I didn't wanna go back in the store as I was already to my car, so I left town to head home. Luckily there is another Wal-Mart on the way home. So I ran in quick and got some line.
It's already been a productive day as I cleaned my kitchen up a lil, cleaned out my car and sorted my laundry. Of course I have since changed out of my dress into some shorts, tank top and a sweat shirt...as if that surprises anyone. Next will be to get my pole ready to go for either this afternoon or tomorrow..or both.

If I can't be with my parents and brother (and his family), there is no better way to spend this celebratory holiday than to be outside surrounded by nature and all that is good. Thanks, God. I really appreciate all you've given me but more importantly, all that you've done for me. I'm not worthy.

No comments: