As many of you (ha, I make it sound like the whole country is reading this - ok ok, as the 3 out of the 4 that may read this) know, I have been going through a transition in my life. I have become more aware of many things around me.
There is something I have noticed more now that I have before. The most comforting feeling I've ever had...
I was at Target this weekend with my parents and while we've been shopping we've been looking for a "throw" for my couch. Well, in the Bedding/blankets they had the most amazing blankets on the end of an isle. They came in different colors and different sizes (all for the same price! so of course I wanted the king size since it would cost the same as the twin, but mom told me not to be facetious). They were so soft and cozy...how soft and cozy you ask? Well, while I was waiting for the cashier to finish with the person in front of us, he looked back to see how much stuff I had...when he saw the blanket he reached out and touched it, then sheepishly looked at us and apologized saying "I'm sorry, it just looked so soft, I've been here for a long time, I get entertained easily." That's how soft it is - people can't keep their hands off it. Well, I didn't get a King size, I got a full and it's more than big enough for my 5'1" body.
Ok back to the point - when I wrap up in the blanket, I have thoughts of staying in this blanket all day and night and not leaving. I could just lay on my new couch wrapped up in my blanket reading my many books that I have "plans" to dive into. When I'm wrapped up in this blanket nothing matters. Life is lila waste (very good).
It reminds me of being in the comfort of my King, my Father, my Savior. It's all protecting, safe, warm, loving, and comforting. It makes all the worries and fears go away so you can be comfortable and enjoy being You.
I would encourage everyone to find that comfort in something. For me it's my blankets (you know you can never have too many blankets, hehe). We all need to find that peace in something that we do or a place that we go.
Being in my blanket has re-awakened me to this feeling. It's a feeling I've had in the past and it's one I want to continue to search for....
No comments:
Post a Comment