Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Next

The chore of the night:

Relearn how to crochet after a two year break and practice/get started on a couple Christmas presents.


My grandmother (on my mom's side) taught me how to crochet many years ago, when I was about 10 or younger. After she passed away, I didn't think about it or attempt to continue for years. All of a sudden, while I was in college, I got the itch to pick it up again. It's not like riding a bike and that you can never forget how to do it...I definitely forgot. I looked online a lot and got a few starter "learn to crochet" books and started making progress. When I was in Duluth I actually made my brother and sister-in-law stocking caps for Christmas. Who would have thought. Since then, life got busy and I let it go on the way side. Not anymore. As you've probably guessed by the lasts posts, I'm trying to bring back many of my lost talents. I decided I'm going to keep practicing and even make Christmas presents. It's not long now so I gotta get started. This was my first night back at it in about two years. After re-reading the instructions, I picked up on it pretty quick. Hopefully these are projects I can finish now =)

No comments: