Sunday, November 9, 2008

Neglectful

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted. Sometimes I find it much easier to read other posts then to type my own. Other people's lives are usually much more exciting or interesting than mine, or so I like to think.
I've tried to enter some new posts the last week or two but don't know where to start. My mind has been such a mess, such a blur, such a jumble. If I even tried to type anything the first thought wouldn't match the next. Heck, that's probably how it is even on a day my thoughts are "clear."
Why so confused? Well in the last couple months, I've made some important life decisions and changes. I've found it's easy to continue on in life as things are and look for the things that make you happy and cover the not so good stuff. However, what's the healthy thing to do? We need to look at it all and decide what is healthy and what really makes us happy. What makes me happy? Being outside with friends and family that I love. Crazily, shopping with my mom isn't as bad as I thought...as long as we avoid Wal-Mart except for the necessities. Watermelon. Standing in the rain. Camping and fire. Hiking. Taking pictures. FAITH. HOPE. LOVE.
In the midst of my struggles and hard times the last couple months, I've found who have been great friends and support. It's so fun to see the family you've know forever be morphed into friends. I mean this in particularly to my parents. It has always been difficult for me to open up to that friend level with them, sharing some of my biggest struggles and thoughts with them. In this time they have become more than just my parents and I'm so thankful for that. All my family has been so supportive and loving and I couldn't and wouldn't want to replace them for anything.

On the up side...I went shopping with Mom yesterday and I got a little Christmas shopping taken care of. Also, I have to work tomorrow, Monday, but then I get Tuesday off for Veteran's Day. Thank goodness for being a federal employee but more importantly, those soldiers who have served our Country to protect my family and myself.

No comments: