My time here has been rather uneventful...which is good - but I was also gone for a whole month while I was away at training (to Ft. Polk, LA...). I returned the beginning of this month, just in time to come down with a crazy bad bug/cold and then for this snow storm. It's easy to complain about the cold, wintery weather, but in reality - I kind of enjoy it. While it's incredibly humorous with what is needed for a snow day (pretty much flurries in the forecast), I've actually missed some of those pretty white flakes. It's fair to say, I've now had my fill. Too bad I didn't get my white Christmas...but I still got a white winter...both at Ft. Polk and here - who would have thought???
So here is Christmas with my parents:
Either way, I was very happy and blessed to have my parents here with me from Christmas to New Years day. It was fantastic to be able to show them my new home, where I work and to be able to celebrate the holidays with them. If I can't be home, this was the next best thing. After all, this is my new home, at least for a while.
The snow was a pleasant and beautiful sight, but I'm ready for the warmer, sunny weather so I can return to the beach - but this time to get my tan on : )
Love and missing you all from the cold and snowy North Carolina!
No comments:
Post a Comment