Sunday, February 16, 2014

Travels

One of the places I made sure we traveled through on my way to Ft. Bragg was the Smoky Mountains.  It was the perfect time of the year with beautiful fall colors, if I had come through one more week, it wouldn't have been near the same - still be beautiful, but different.  Thankfully, two hours from here I can start to get into the mountains and I definitely plan to check them out in my time here.  With all the snow (while I'm sure it would have been pretty) I decided to stick close to home this weekend.  Originally, I wanted to explore and go hiking, but the snow, ice and rain made everything a wet and mushy mess.  I'll wait a couple more weeks when things have dried out and maybe there'll be some green buds on the trees.  I was blessed and honored to have my mother make the drive with me.  We had a lot of fun and laughs.  The only downside was we just missed seeing some real live bears in the mountains.  Two things I need to see while I'm a North Carolinan (?) is an alligator and a bear, both in their natural habitat :) I'll keep trying...
The pictures don't do the sights justice, but it's the best I can do.




Every view was so stunning and beautiful.  It's crazy that God is so stinking talented and creative.  No man could ever come up with all this.  It was a great opportunity to test out my fancy camera with some nature shots.


I never stop trying to move mountains, thanks mom and dad for telling me I can do anything I put my mind to : )

No comments: