Sunday, February 23, 2014

Hello, my friends!

Man, it has been WAY too long and I can't believe how much I've neglected you.  You deserved better.  we've spent many hours and miles together in the past - so it's about time we reconnect...

I don't know if I've actually even been rollerblading since before my deployment.  When I lived in Olivia Farms back in Kansas I know I did at least a few times - but that's been well over a year ago - how sad!  Back in Lennox, I couldn't even guess how many miles I've put on these wheels - the best investment I ever made.  Thank you, once again, Scheels!  They hold up well and get my butt in gear (literally).  It was so sunny and nice today and I couldn't stand not being out and about.  However, my shins have been in a lot of pain, so I didn't want to put more strain on them by running.  I had no idea how rollerblading would feel on them, and there was only one way to find out!

It was amazing!  1) I didn't fall 2) Perfect way to explore the development and neighborhoods while working out and 3) A good downhill coast will build up just enough wind to cool you off

There are a lot of roads and streets I haven't been on in my development so I thought this would be a good way to investigate.  Of course all the dead ends that I discovered were also at the bottom of a hill...which meant a strenuous uphill roll - but hey, I wanted a workout too...so I guess it was just what I asked for (just not at the moment).  Also, they didn't hurt my shins while out rolling around.  I feel the pain now - but I did before rollerblading, so this may be my #1 way to keep up my lower body fitness, especially while running isn't an option.  It's always good to reconnect, particularly with a healthy past.  Here's to being healthy in the sun - cheers!

1 comment:

Ashley Hall-V said...

Dude...you owe me about 1500 e-mails by now :-)

Ashley Hall-V